IVANA LALICKI Pork Homemade Cracklins Biscuits Key Ingredients / Recept za pogacice sa cvarcima
TO SEE VIDEO, PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK:
Pork Cracklings Biscuits "Pogacice sa Cvarcima" is one of the favorite savory pastries in the Balkans. They are small round yeast-raised biscuits with pork cracklings.
For those who would like to make them at home you would need:
100ml (1/2 cup) warm milk
2 teaspoons instant dry yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
240ml (1 cup) yogurt/kefir
500g (3 cups) bread flour + some for work with dough
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
1 egg for egg wash
- Mix together yeast with the warm milk and sugar and leave it for 10 minutes to activate.
- Chop the pork cracklings into small pieces.
- Mix the flour with the salt.
- Add to the yeast mixture an egg, yogurt/kefir and lard.
- Mix the flour and the yeast mixture to make a dough.
- Knead until you get a soft dough, cover it with a plastic foil and leave to rest for an hour in a warm place until it doubles its size.
- Roll out the dough into a thin layer and on two-third of the dough spread 1/2 tablespoon of lard, one-fourth of the pork cracklings, black pepper and paprika. Fold the dough in three, like a letter, to get a narrow rectangle. Roll the dough slightly and spread 1/2 tablespoon of the lard, one-fourth of the pork cracklins, black pepper and paprika, and fold it in the same way. Cover the dough with the plastic foil and rest it for 15 minutes.
- Repeat the same steps, rolling out, spreading and folding, for another two times until you use up all the cracklings, black pepper, paprika and lard. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to 2 finger thickness and with a 2-inch round mold (for round shape), or knife (for square shape), cut out the biscuits. Do not reroll the scraps, scoop them into a round grouping and bake them as they are.
- Put the biscuits on a lined baking tray and brush them with beaten egg.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for 18-20 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
- Serve while still warm, with ajvar (roasted red pepper/eggplant spread) and the Balkan cow cheese.
Original price $13.99 - Original price $13.99Original price$13.99$13.99 - $13.99Current price $13.99
IVANA LALICKI Homemade Pork Crackling Biscuits Feel the crunch, ORDER NOW!!! Made with love. Sold frozen! Each box has 9-11 biscuits (295g) 😃😃😃 ...View full details
Original price $14.59 - Original price $14.59Original price$14.59$14.59 - $14.59Current price $14.59
Čvarci (pork cracklings) is a specialty popular in Eastern Europe, mostly made of pork fat. They are a kind of pork crisps and are great for snacks!
Original price $4.44 - Original price $4.44Original price$4.44$4.44 - $4.44Current price $4.44
Lard / Svinjska Mast from George's
Original price $2.49 - Original price $2.49Original price$2.49$2.49 - $2.49Current price $2.49
Sweet ground red pepper (paprika) from Aroma
Original price $0.00 - Original price $0.00Original price $0.00$2.20$2.20 - $2.20Current price $2.20
Red Sweet Pepper Paprika (Crvena Slatka Zacinska) from Vispak
Original price $0.00 - Original price $0.00Original price $0.00$9.90$9.90 - $9.90Current price $9.90
Hungarian sweet paprika powder from Bende
Original price $3.00 - Original price $3.00Original price$3.00$3.00 - $3.00Current price $3.00
Spice up your everyday meals with Franck paprika, a necessary ingredient in every kitchen!
Out Of Stock!
We will notify you when this product becomes available.